What we do
CREA is focused on providing scientifically accurate and reliable data around air pollution with the aim of tracking trends, causes, and health impacts, as well as the solutions to air pollution.
We do this by providing research, modeling and data analysis on air pollution to support and enable the work of partners based on strategic priorities. Types of data we produce include:
- air quality and health impact assessments
- assessment on energy trends, electricity sector growth and Industrial output
- analysis of trends in air quality and sources of air pollution
- critical analysis of fossil fuel EIAs and legal evidence
- air quality monitoring using low-cost monitors
- emission inventories & source apportionment models
We have also developed the use of remote sensing data to support campaigns for clean air and clean energy, including pollution monitoring and visualization, identifying regulatory violations, and tracking energy sector and emissions trends.
Our research has already been widely published, and we will continue to develop policy-relevant health impact assessment methods as well as our tracking around emission inventories. Some of our previously published work can be read
We are always looking for new partners and new ways to make a difference.