The Centre for Research on Energy and Clean Air (CREA) is a new independent research organisation focused on revealing the trends, causes, and health impacts, as well as the solutions to air pollution.
We use scientific data, research and evidence to support the efforts of governments, companies and campaigning organizations worldwide in their efforts to move towards clean energy and clean air. We believe that effective research and communication are the key to successful policies, investment decisions and advocacy efforts.
CREA Is looking to expand its team, if you are passionate about fighting climate change through data, tracking pollution and supporting organisations to enable the energy transition please apply.
Position: Operations officer
Reports To: Director
Effective from – 1st January 2020
Preferred Candidate profile
Candidates will have prior experience in HR, admin or operation field. The candidate is expected to have understanding on various organizational processes, financial reporting and other organizational management related issues. When time allows, we expect the Operations officer to take on research and information gathering tasks in addition to handling the administrative matters, so expertise in environmental or health fields and experience in research and scientific writing are a plus.
Language skills: high level of fluency in English, and sufficient fluency in Finnish to handle practical administrative matters.
Education: bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
Salary: competitive salary at par with industry standards
PURPOSE and SCOPE of the job
- Implement and review operational policies and procedures.
- Oversee financial reporting, planning, and auditing.
- Ensure all legal and regulatory documents are filed and monitor compliance with laws and regulations.
- Support with research tasks as well as planning, and strategy decisions.
- Managing expense reporting.
- Managing relationships with service providers such as the accountant, auditor, graphic designers (for reports), webhosts etc.
- Managing organizational communication channels like email, phone etc.
- Managing the calendar of regulatory reporting, financial reporting, grant reporting, insurance renewal etc.
- Ensuring all data handling is done in line with GDPR.
- Managing the policies handbook i.e ensuring all policies are approved by the Board and updated regularly in line with new legislation.
- Human resources once the staff team begins to expand etc holiday allowances in different countries.
- Arranging regular team meetings and record-keeping.
- Arranging Board meetings and Members meetings, drafting the Agendas and taking minutes.
- Updating the Register of Members.
- Booking travel, supporting visa applications, registering for conferences, and ensuring these expenses are in line with the budget.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.