The Centre for Research on Energy and Clean Air (CREA) is a new independent research organisation focused on revealing the trends, causes, and health impacts, as well as the solutions to air pollution.
We use scientific data, research and evidence to support the efforts of governments, companies and campaigning organisations worldwide in their efforts to move towards clean energy and clean air. We believe that effective research and communication are the key to successful policies, investment decisions and advocacy efforts.
CREA Is looking to expand its team, if you are passionate about fighting air pollution and climate change through data, tracking pollution and supporting organisations to enable the energy transition, please apply.
Position: Data Scientist
Reports to: Director
Effective from – 15th April 2020
Preferred Candidate Profile
All applicants should have the following:
- BSc. / Masters in Computer Science, or related degree with equivalent work experience
- Preferably two years’ experience in data science or data analytics, with documented relevant experience
- Proficient in independent data analysis and visualization, using R, Python or similar platform
- Experience in building and maintaining databases
- Fluent in English; other languages, particularly major Asian languages, a plus
- Experience in spatial data analysis and visualization is considered an advantage
We do not require in-depth knowledge of environmental issues, as you will work as a part of a team of energy and environmental specialists by complementing their expertise in issues with data skills.
The location of the position is flexible – CREA is an internationally distributed team.
PURPOSE and SCOPE of the job
- Provide data processing, analysis and visualization to support CREA’s work on the environment and sustainable energy across the world; this can include time-series data, databases of energy-sector projects and facilities, and large spatial datasets on air quality
- Download, process and prepare data for further modeling and analysis
- Proactively develop ways of analysing and presenting data, and innovate on using big data to drive CREA projects – we encourage initiative and creativity
What we offer:
- Unique chance to contribute and solve the world’s environmental problems
- Exciting opportunities for personal growth and professional development
- Dynamic and international workplace
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.