The Centre for Research on Energy and Clean Air (CREA) is a new independent research organisation focused on revealing the trends, causes, and health impacts, as well as the solutions to air pollution.
We use scientific data, research and evidence to support the efforts of governments, companies and campaigning organizations worldwide in their efforts to move towards clean energy and clean air. We believe that effective research and communication are the key to successful policies, investment decisions and advocacy efforts.
CREA Is looking to expand its team, if you are passionate about fighting climate change through data, tracking pollution and supporting organisations to enable the energy transition please apply.
Position: Analyst – Southeast Asia
Reports To: Director
Effective from – 1st January 2020
Preferred Candidate profile
All applicants should have the following:
- A proven track record of using research to advance environmental, health or social goals. This could include e.g. research publications, as well as educational degrees and professional experiences in energy and air pollution.
- Excellent communication and strategic thinking skills.
- Familiarity in the social, political and cultural context of one or more of the countries in the Southeast Asian region.
- Preferably based in Southeast Asian region and be able to communicate in one or more of the regional languages.
- Salary: competitive salary at par with industry standards based on location.
PURPOSE and SCOPE of the job
- In this role, you will work as a part of a professional and passionate global team to advance air quality and clean energy in Southeast Asia.
- Follow and analyze policy developments and maintain a high level of knowledge on the issues, build networks with research and civil society organizations in the field, identify opportunities for research, and for evidence-based advocacy.
- Conduct research and provide expertise, advice and training to our partners and stakeholders in the region on air pollution and energy issues.
- Provide leadership to the development of objectives, strategies and program activities in order to achieve well integrated and impactful program work. Propose projects according to the organization’s strategy.
- Actively represent CREA towards the professional stakeholders in the energy and air pollution fields, and the environmental community at large and to the media, to achieve the organization’s objectives and strengthen the profile and credibility of CREA.
- Liaise and build relationships with stakeholders.
- Work as project leader when required, oversee the implementation and make timely strategic adjustment according to internal and external changes to ensure the successful achievements of the project’s objectives.
- Liaise with other NGOs and community organisations to promote and support to advance goals .
- As required work provide community leadership. Recruit, cultivate and manage issue communities to preserve and develop core expertise for the organization. Encourage knowledge sharing & learning culture in project teams and communities. Compliance/Keeping Framework Conditions.
- Uphold CREA’s professional credibility and protect its image as an independent, authoritative voice for the environment.
- Ensure stakeholder relationships developed by different parts of the organization are properly managed. Skill and expertise required.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.