The Centre for Research on Energy and Clean Air (CREA) is a new independent research organisation focused on revealing the trends, causes, and health impacts, as well as the solutions to air pollution.
We use scientific data, research and evidence to support the efforts of governments, companies and campaigning organisations worldwide in their efforts to move towards clean energy and clean air. We believe that effective research and communication are the key to successful policies, investment decisions and advocacy efforts.
CREA Is looking to expand its team, if you are passionate about fighting air pollution and climate change through data, tracking pollution and supporting organisations to enable the energy transition, please apply.
Position: Air Quality Analyst
Reports to: Director
Effective from – 15th April 2020
Preferred Candidate Profile
All applicants should have the following:
- Experience in air quality modeling using tools such as WRF, CMAQ, CAMx and/or CALPUFF
- At least master’s degree or equivalent qualifications in a relevant field
- Preferably two years’ experience in air quality related research
- Fluent in English; other languages, particularly major Asian languages, a plus
PURPOSE and SCOPE of the job
- Independently carry out air quality modeling to address policy-relevant questions, such as the air quality and health impacts of new fossil fuel projects or strengthened regulation
- Proactively develop air quality analysis and modeling projects, large and small, in support of CREA’s goals – we encourage initiative and creativity
What we offer:
- Unique chance to contribute and solve the world’s environmental problems
- Exciting opportunities for personal growth and professional development
- Dynamic and international workplace
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.